- A new lesson: how social platform tiktok can aid in language acquisition
This project explores the use of new social media platform TikTok and how it has become a powerful tool to connect youth to the classroom, as well as becoming one of the most useful and accessible resources for language acquisition.
- Advancing accents: technology for L2 pronunciation
This project encompasses technologies that can be used to better L2 pronunciation. As bettering pronunciation was a goal of mine this semester, I utilized NetProf, Forvo, and Spanishdict to improve my pronunciation and I have found success in using these sources.
- Comprehensible Input of Spanish
Learning about the Comprehensible Input, and finding the easiest ways to learn more efficiently.
- Conversational Skills: Applying CALL to Listening Comprehension and Fluidity
This project examines listening comprehension strategies using technology to enhance conversational skills.
- Flipping for Grammar: Technology for Implicit and Explicit Instruction
For my research, I investigated implicit and explicit grammar instruction and how technology, specifically video technology and flipping the classroom, can support them.
- Get Writing: a Look into Extensive Writing as a Form of L2 Acquisition
This project focuses on the idea of extensive writing and how it can help to improve learning acquisition in a second language.
- Is Context Key? Exploring Contextualization Techniques for Vocabulary Acquisition with RemNote
This study aims to identify what contextualization techniques are the most beneficial for L2 learners with second language vocabulary acquisition.
- L2 Development Through Multimedia Glossing
Mutlimedia glossing is a technological tool that provides the reader with an in-text definition in the form of text, audio, image, video, or a combination of these. It has been proven to help with L2 development, more specifically with text comprehension and vocabulary development.
- Learning Through The News
This project discusses how students can use news articles and videos to increase both their L2 acquisition and their intercultural competence.
- Listening for Pleasure: L2 Acquisition via Appreciative Listening in the Digital Wilds
This project examines the effect of appreciative listening, specifically of podcasts, in the L2 Spanish acquisition of an undergraduate learner over the course of one semester.
- Podcasting as a Learning Medium: Interpretive listening through digital media
This project examines the effect of using digital media as a learning medium to hone pronunciation skills, improve comprehensibility, as well as explore the impact of interpretive listening in L2 learners. Using podcasting in contextualized learning is very useful to not only the learner but the teacher by allowing them to contextualize pronunciation and create objectives rather than simply “repeat” exercises.
- Press Play, Together
L2 acquisition demands social interactivity, especially in a time of virtual classes. This is how to build a zone of proximal development from the comfort of your own home.
- Self-recording Tools in Language Learning: Benefits and Uses in Improving Students’ Oral Proficiency
This project investigates the use of self-recording tools in oral proficiency for language learners, based on my personal experience, outside research, and the use of tools such as Vocaroo and Lingst Classroom.
- Strengthening Oratory Skills Using Computer-Mediated Communication (CMC)
This project examines how computer mediated communication can strengthen speaking skills in language learners. Using the application Clubhouse, I analyze how learners can use CMC to practice both their listening and oratory skills.